The Texas Diaper Bank is a 501 C3 non-profit organization whose mission is to provide services and resources to respond to families in crisis in Bexar County and improve the daily conditions of their lives. Established in 1997 by ten United Methodist churches, the Texas Diaper Bank strengthens the lives of over 33,000 individuals annually through these three essential programs.
- Healthy Babies – Promotes the well-being, healthy growth, and development of babies by providing their family with diapers, and health education classes; which gives these families access to our “Market Days” where they can receive other essential baby items once a month.
- Hunger Relief Program – Assures that families are able to meet their nutritional needs through food assistance and four sponsored mobile food pantries.
- Incontinence Gap Program – Provides special needs youth and adults with incontinence products during the interim application period for a Medicaid program.
Our Community Impact
In 2015, we serviced our community to provide:
- Diapers to 9,030 babies
- 756,911 Diapers Distributed
- 8,696 Baby Items Distributed
- 23,724 Individuals Received Food Assistance
- 622,824 lbs of Food Distributed
- 6,960 Incontinence Products Distributed
All of this would not have been possible without the 2,776 volunteers that donated 8,824 hours of their time!
And we aren’t stopping there…our goal for 2016 is to serve 3,000 more children, adults and seniors, a total of 12,000 individuals!
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
8:00 am – 12:00 pm
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us!
210-731-8118 or email@example.com